I adapted the recipe for this delicious soup from one I found on All Recipes. You can see the original recipe here. Eric absolutely loved it – we will be making this again!
Savory Hamburger Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cartons beef broth (or about 48 ounces)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 (16 ounce) package frozen green peas
- Ground black pepper to taste (generous sprinkle)
- Garlic Salt to taste
- Oregano to taste (generous sprinkle)
- Cumin to taste (generous sprinkle)
- 2 spoonfuls of Juan’s Fiesta Artichoke Spinach Party Dip Mix
- Squirt of Worcestershire sauce
- In a large frying pan brown ground beef and chopped onion. Season with black pepper and garlic salt. Drain grease from pot. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker. Season with a little more pepper. (With the Oregano and Cumin, I just sprinkled the top of the mix and stirred it in. I didn’t measure it – just use according to your preference.)
- Cook on high for a couple hours or until all the veggies are tender.
“Texas Roadhouse” Cinnamon Butter
1 stick of butter – softened
1/8 cup evaporated milk*
1/8 cup sugar*
“Squirt” of Maple syrup**
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
*The original recipe called for 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk – I mixed half and half evaporated milk and sugar instead – still amazing!!
**The original recipe called for 1/4 teaspoon corn syrup. Maple syrup was an improvement, I think!
(I didn’t have these ingredients so I made some substitutions. I couldn’t tell the difference and Eric really loved it, so I’ll probably just make it this way again!)
Spread this on warmed rolls and it’s pretty much to die for!
I’m linking this to the Tempt My Tummy Tuesday blog carnival. Head over there for even more amazing recipes!