For my husband’s birthday cake, I cut my buttercream recipe in half and gave it a twist:
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Butter Flavored Crisco (shortening)
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Hazelnut Syrup (Find it in the coffee section)
- 1/4 Cup Strongly Brewed Coffee (I used Folgers Caramel Drizzle)
- 2-3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Beat butter and shortening on medium/high speed for ten minutes.
- Beat in milk, hazelnut syrup, and coffee.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Blend until smooth.
You can use more or less coffee according to your taste preference. This made more than enough to frost a 13x9x2 cake. It’s delectable!